[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: There is no right way......

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:03:45 -0700 (PDT)

Awhile ago I received a story about a dog named Ogee...
Ogee was an AmStaff puppy who had the unfortunate luck to be too good
tempered for the fight ring. At 4 months old he was staked out and used
as a bait dog by a bunch of subhuman barbarians. The bite of the
attacking pitbull literally removed and crushed half of Ogee's skull.
Four.. months.. old. Now...close your eyes and picture that this is a
puppy that YOU BRED...A fuzzy, cute little GSD all smiles and
wiggles...who trusted you when you harnessed him to that stake...and
trusted you still when you opened the gate to turn the fighting dog
loose on him.

I honestly do not remember the story of how Ogee survived this
nightmare, but survive he did...grotesquely deformed....still full of
smiles and wiggles. He was removed from his

hell on earth and spent the last of his days with a family who lavished him
with love and attention.

Anyone...ANYONE...who pits one animal against another for entertainment
does not deserve his or her freedom EVER...let alone the ability to be
gainfully employed. The

behavior that they have perpetrated on a defenseless animal is indicative of
their lack of character and moral compass.

Micheal Vick's dogs had no choice in the outcome of their lives. We
will never know the torture that they may have endured before being
brutally slaughtered by him or his henchmen when their fighting days
were over. We would never allow a prisoner to be treated

thusly....witness the hue and cry over the waterboarding at Gitmo....and yet,
we do so

little to protect those who have NO VOICE to protest their pain.

A conviction of dog fighting should carry with it a sentence conducive
to the amount of pain and horror that the predator inflicted on his
prey....my opinion is life behind bars...or...turn him over to a pack
of hungry hyenas so he will end his days the same as his fighting dogs
did..screaming.

Dawn

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven