[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: There is no right way......

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:52:45 -0400

Terry,
Where is the remorse from Vick?? Where are the PSA's against dog fighting??
Where has there been anything other than getting the best deal after getting
caught?? There are many, many people who have had rough childhoods, that have
overcome it.? He had every tool to do so.? That is NOT an excuse for any
violence.? Yes, parolees must earn a living and PROVE themselves to again be
productive members of society.? I am sure many opportunities will come his way,
just because of who he is.? Why should he be handed?an NFL contract???He won't
repeat the dog fighting.? But, he sure hasn't done anything to redeem himself
as a responsible citizen.? If he steps up to the plate and not joining forces
with Peta, maybe I will rethink my opinion.? But, to give him a free pass is
wrong.??

Would you feel the same way if he sexually molested a child???

Laura?

From: grnram415@xxxxxxx <grnram415@xxxxxxx>
To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 10:43 AM

I can't agree.? Why should Vick get anything more than any other parolee, just
because he can throw a football?? Maybe the Arena League will pick him up.?
They
seem to embrace convicted felons.? The NFL does not owe him anything.? I am
sure
he broke many of the ethics and morals clauses in his contract.? Sure, he has
paid a big price for his crime.? But, that is as it should be.? He shouldn't
get
it all back.? I believe in second chances, but the second chance needs to be
earned, not given.? He hasn't earned it yet.?
Laura