[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The thinking, plotting and acting out dog!

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 08:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

With all the work I have done in the past 8 years, when I have changed the way
I look at my business, I have come to the conclusing that strong leadership and
ownership can keep any pack of dogs getting along.

  Bertha is agressive, in many ways, but she would never ever ever cross her
dam.  She picks on Sissy, a lot, and it is agressive and dominant, but Sissy
openly begs to be dominated.  I only express my alpha bitch feelings when I see
Bertha acting up without provocation.  If she walks over to Sissy and puts her
tail up high, and arches her back a bit, I chime in.  It ends and that is that.

  If I could do when I was 8 what I can do now, I probably could have stopped
the issues between Vinky and Theana.  But I was a kid and they both out
weighted me, in many ways.

  Now, I have brought together many dogs that the owners were sure would never
get along.

  I would love the chance to try my methods on some of the bitches owned by
fellow listers.  If I am ever in your area, ask me.  If I have time I will
surely try.  I think all dogs can get along, if they have the right signals
telling them they are one pack and therefore must get along.

  Just my ever humble opinion, and yes, of myself too.
  sheila
TISHW@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 5/15/2008 10:27:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gsdramey@xxxxxxx writes:
I'd say dogs will hold a truce and then fight a bit and be Ok again - BUT
once the
bitches have a serious disagreement - it is hate for life after that

Boy, you can say that again!!

Tish

favorites at AOL Food.