[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The thinking, plotting and acting out dog!

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 15:58:38 -0400

I have no doubt your girl is plotting.? I have an entire litter here who has
decided they no longer want to be in their whelping room.(spare bedroom)? They
are 5 weeks and 3 days old.? These pups, who would follow me everywhere, are
now scattering when it is time to come inside.? The routine was: outside in the
morning for a couple hours then inside during the day.? Outside in the evening
then back inside for bedtime.? Nope, they do NOT want to come in.? They want to
be where the people and dogs are.? They are very social.? And very VOCAL about
their demands, LOL!? They went out in the?backyard for the first time today.? I
have a pen set up with shade and water.? It is where all the dogs hang out
during the day in their runs.? I thought they would be scared to move from
their private front yard to all the noise in the backyard.? Boy, was I wrong.?
They couldn't wait :-)? They are still on?Astroturf and not allowed to be on
the grass or dirt except to go potty and come inside.
 ? I doubt that is going to last much longer <VBG>??
That all said, I would worry about your girls.? I had 2 girls who loved each
other.? But, they both wanted to be my right hand dog.? If I corrected one, the
other would get involved?and correct her too.? This went on for awhile until
one decided not to accept the correction from the other girl.? We never had a
major fight as I seperated them from that point on.? Both girls are now the
matriarchs of their packs.? Both girls?were/are excellent mothers.? Both girls
still love their female daughters and play with them with no issues, EVER.?
But, I would never put them together again.? They started out with the older
girl being more Alpha but the younger one stepped up to the plate and they can
never be together again.? They still love each other and can be one on one as
long as it is just the two?of them under supervised play and no chance that one
or the other will have to be corrected.??Corrections were mostly fence fighting
which has been resolved by privacy fences and age.? I
 t is very rare when they get to see each other anymore.? Anyway, just my two
cents worth.? Keep an eye on those girls, especially that sneaky one.? She may
push the issue one too many times.??