[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The other white decision

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 19:09:03 -0400 (EDT)

No, not missing the point at all.

Do you think whites are free of HEALTH and TEMPERAMENT issues  because I
assure you, they are not.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 8/3/2013 6:28:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Again missing the point. What about the health of our breed or
temperament. Aren't those important as well? You can't determine health in a
show
ring. if a judge can determine EPI, DM or any of the other diseases that
afflict our breed, just by looking at them in a show ring, I'd love to meet
them.
And I've definitely seen a fair share of dogs that didn't have the
appropriate temperament put up in a show ring.

I love conformation but it shouldn't be the end all be all. If it is, we
lose sight of the breed as a whole. To separate a breed just to show in the
conformation ring will never make sense to me.

Donna  Beadle
_eclipsekennels.com_ (http://eclipsekennels.com/)

On Aug 3, 2013, at 5:43 PM, _Pinehillgsds@aol.com_
(mailto:Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx)   wrote:

Well, no matter if a person likes it or not, the conformation  ring, in any
breed, is the proving ground for that breed's breed  standard.

Now, I like to dual title my dogs and play in performance venues as  well,
after all, hopefully they have another 8-10 years after they finish to
play, and for me it IS play, sorry, I don't have a working sheep farm and I
really don't want one...but IF a person aspires to breed dogs to a breed
standard, the proof of it all starts w/ the beauty contest part of it....or
else
I'd just go to the rescues and find a dog to work in obedience or  herding.

Kathy, member GSDCA,  DVGSDC
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 8/3/2013 5:35:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
_pharaohsrevenge@hotmail.com_ (mailto:pharaohsrevenge@xxxxxxxxxxx)   writes:

why  are decisions always made in terms of the show ring?