[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Review

  • From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanksr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 18:35:03 -0800 (PST)

Honestly, seats are not worth buying now as the Board asked for bigger rings
the
seats expanded as well. We have less people as well $$$$
I am not positive but I believe a page costs are $110. ??? We charge $125.
The major problem is the internet. Let me reiterate: The major problem is the
internet.
Used to be:
Specialty shows ran ads... now they rely on the lists.
WDA ran ads for their shows. Now they have their own magazine.
GSDCA ran ads for the store products
GSDCA ran ads for videos.
Committees ran reports.
Officers and committees were published each issue.
WDA ran articles and membership forms.
OFA names and numbers were reported consistantly.
All Specialty Show dates were published even without a page.
Fut/Mat info was published often.
Fut/Mat entry forms were included.
Winners pictures, even at A/B were included.
Specialty show winners had each clubs pictures on one page.
All Specialty shows had all winners listed.
Parade of Title Holders were each month.
People ran ads for kennels and puppies each month in the Classified.
May I reiterate again? THE INTERNET!

Think maybe the GSDCA needs to expand and charge for this service?

Joan

No right or wrong here:
Just these made the Review bigger which made for more interest and ads.

Color versus B/W? I run B/W ads as I think you can see the dogs better. If you
are campaigning a dog I doubt the cost difference keeps you from advertising.

 Joan F. Fox
website: http://www.campaignersgsds.com
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023