[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: "The Decency committee"

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx, SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:53:01 EDT

I learned about that in one of my very first shows!   I had accidently
dropped a 2nd place ribbon, and as a friend was picking it up to give me, she
told
me that throwing away the ribbons as you leave the ring will get you before a
bench show committee. She knew I had accidently dropped it, but was just
letting me know.   It is evidence of very poor sportsmanship.   You are
supposed to
thank the judge and keep what the judge awards you with grace.
Stormy

In a message dated 10/24/05 8:46:50 PM, brittaleahnasa@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> How is throwing a ribbon away poor sportsmanship?  I am not sure how this
> post started but to me throwing awaya a ribbon is not bad sportmanship
> (unless
> of course you are cursing and ranting in the ring and all the way to the
> trash can).  Maybe some people just keep the blue ribbons, and purple
> ribbons.
> I have thrown away ribbons since if I don't they just make clutter in my
> pockets for later.  Nothing to do with the judge or being a poor sport.  I
> just
> did not feel like keeping another ribbon that is not a big win (if you could
> win them all, we'd have alot less ribbons to carry around :)).
>

> SoilentGrn@xxxxxxx wrote:If you read the AKC rules on misconduct You will
> find you can make a
> complaint at the show per akc and call a bench show committee.
> Certainly if you can bring them up on charges of poor sportsmanship for
> throwing a ribbon in the trash can, you could bring them up on charges on
> this.
> Or...maybe...we are more strict in herding than you are in the show ring.
> Ask your AKC rep

Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com