[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Best of Times -- The Worst of Times

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:06:01 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/05 11:23:14 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
RihadinK9@xxxxxxx writes:
I have  LOTS and LOTS of experience with both Tick Fever and Valley  Fever,
and have lost dogs to both.

Valley Fever is what took Ben from us.  He was on medication for five  years
and could not be used at stud for that time.  It was expensive and  heart
breaking, but I would not have missed the trip for anything. The  medication
only
corrupted his sperm, in every other way, he was a great house  dog.  When he
became the number one stud dog, with such a limited breeding  history, that was
just extra.

Valley Fever is often missed, two vets told us he had cancer and to cut off
his leg.  I am so glad we didn't listen.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together