[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Best of Times -- The Worst of Times

  • From: bjbuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 11:55:52 -0400

I am reposting this as so many people deleted Digests yesterday and received
garbled messages due to the photo experiment.
BJ

 Without being too dramatic, it does seem that the heading is true for Caralon
and those associated.  A few days ago I was able to post about the best of
times -- the birth of our co-owned "Bailey" X "Puma" litter.

Today I must post that Larry Duerbeck, Pat Parsons and Scootie Sherlock are
experiencing the worst of times as "Cutter", Ch CaralonQED Sword v LeBarland
ROM OFA crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Sat. July 2.  "Cutter" was 12 years old
and until 6 days before his death was in the best of condition, staunchly
protecting his harem against the young "whipper snapper" males who might come
to visit and patroling the yard.  Just last week he was  dedicated to trying to
get to his daughter to breed her.  Six days ago, he appeared to be suffering
from the heat and when normal efforts to refresh him did not work, he was
admitted to the Vet Group of Chesterfield.  Little could Suzanne know when she
sent that wonderful post last week about seeing him demonstrate a true flying
trot at a National, that he was fighting for his life and awaiting test
results.  Those results confimred that despite preventative treatment, he was
suffering from Erlychia (sp?) and he lost the fight on Sat.

Scootie wants to give you all a heads up that no matter how diligent you are
with your preventatives, you need to check your tick titers as it can happen to
you.

I am working on a memorial page for Cutter.  I would like to have this to Gail
by August 1.
All proceeds above the ad cost will be donated to a health foundation of
Caralon's choice.

Send your check and name as you want it to appear to me as follows:

Betty Johnson
317 North Drive     (do not abbreviate North, it is name, not directional)
Marshall, MO 65340