[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The BHI award

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:34:44 -0700

I agree with you Dave
In particular on 2, and 3 of your post.
People simply don't have the money.  They are also pressed for time, trying
to make money.
We haven't had a litter in two years.  That "litter" as many know, resulted
in one surviving
puppy that was born via C Section...bottle fed, and we still have him,
Hunter shows him.
Talk about not even close to breaking even.  But that is not why we do it
anyway...however,
wow...it sure makes you think twice.
Animal legislation is killing everyone.   People , some live in such strict
communities that nobody breeds.
Hard to grow out a litter when you are told anything over four months is an
adult...ack

There are so many reasons NOT to breed these  days, not to be a member, we
all need to brainstorm
and find out how to encourage and promote...and support the membership.  We
are afterall,
the base upon which the club will ultimately stand or fail.  You don't have
to be a member to show,
and a lot of people are doing just that..more and more.

Kathy
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: July 20**, 2011*
*Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
**CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*Kappo von Eisenwerk (V Geck di Casa Nobili son)
*
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"