[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The American Humane Association should be HSUS

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 08:50:48 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2007 9:53:57 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On Mon,  28 May 2007 07:34:37 -0800, "T O'Brien"
<t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:=20

>Look at their web site, it does not show  support
>for AB 1634. =20

Maybe not. But it does state the  following:

>    "Prepubescent Neutering of Sheltered  Kittens
>    and Puppies: The research on the  physical,
>    behavioral, and short- and long-term  effects
>    of prepubescent neutering in dogs and  cats
>    shows no adverse results. American  Humane
>    supports the practice of prepubescent  spaying
>    and neutering as a feasible solution to  decreasing
>    pet overpopulation and the tragedy of  resulting
>    deaths.

Seems to me that, since they  don't mind the idea of
neutering prepubescent animals, that they wouldn't  be too
much against the idea of mandatory S/N for ALL  animals.

kmc

That's one heck of a leap.

I had a feral cat close to the house the other day, three-color, so I'm  told
by my sister it has to be a girl.  Now, I have no idea about color  linked
sex patterns in cats, NOR do I care BUT two days later, there was a much
larger
dark feral cat sniffing around.

If I see them again, I am off to Tractor Supply for a have-a-heart trap and
a few cans of cat food and the cats will be off to the Berks County Animal
League.  I don't know or care who the Animal League is affiliated with or  what
their politics are, but I will leave the cats and a few dollars and if  there
are kittens and they are spayed/neutered before they leave, all the  better.

If the rule, when adopting a dog or cat from a shelter is to spay/neuter,
fine.  If some males never realize their growth  potential/masculinity or if an
occasional female is incontinent (small  percentage), well I figure adopted is
better than being dead and  spay/neuter is waaayyyyy better than me having to
deal with a feral cat colony  in my woods..

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds