[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The American Humane Association should be HSUS

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, psharp212@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:35:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/2007 11:14:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
t.m.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It is  very important to remember that the first rule of lobbying
for/against  legislation is to know of what you are talking---If we are
to talk about  this legislation, we should be clear what it is that we
are talking  about.

Tom

You are exactly right.   You'll often find misinformation  though, especially
on e-mail forums.  It's easier to get people riled with  misinformation,
half-truths, hysteria and spin, don't 'ya know?  (Most  days I think I do a
good
job ignoring it.)

Here's the problem with all that "crying wolf"; when something does come
down the pike (like the CA legislation) that should get me riled, I'm  numb.

I'm so confused...I might be Animal Rights "light", or is there such a  thing
as Animal Welfare "heavy"?  I HATE the thought of keeping more dogs  that can
be wonderfully and responsibly cared for, part of a family (NOT penned  23
hours per day!), I DO believe in respecting zoning laws, NOT trying to see
what
you can get away with in total disregard of other property owners,  I HATE to
see bitches bred and bred and bred and bred, it DISGUSTS me that  puppies can
be let go in some states before 8 weeks...and so on.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds