[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thanks/Toxic Gut

  • From: "Deanne Jur" <djur@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 23:18:23 -0600

Sally,
All good information IMO! I do believe that the majority of us all want what
is right for the breed and work hard studying the lines (with what
information may be available to us), etc in order to make the best
'informed' choices in our breeding programs.

Health, temperament and longevity weigh high on my important list in
choosing a mate. However, without proper and in-depth knowledge of the
individuals within said pedigree, it is all a crap shoot!

I too understand how difficult it can be to make the decision to eliminate a
good bitch/stud from your program because of a few issues. Yes, it does take
two to tango and sometimes it is just that one pair up that produced
problems.

Hard decision's need to made by responsible and caring people and only they
(us) can change the outcome by the process of eliminating and supplying
proper and truthful info.

Good discussion.

Deanne Jur

Winnipeg, Canada