[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Teddy Bear!

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:00:22 -0700 (PDT)

It's funny you should say bears are afraid of dogs, I just posted the exact
opposite....lol.

  The reason behind my comments is last year here in Minnesota, a women was
walking with her dog, (large breed, can't remember what it was) on some abandon
railroad tracks by her home and was attacked, unprovoked by a bear.  The Fish
and Game authorities said the bear was attracted to her because of the dog.
I'll try to find more info on it.

  Cindy
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 9/12/2006 10:23:58 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'd like to do the same thing with her pups probably some
time in November when the tick season lays dormant, but will I be
exchanging one danger (ticks) for another (bears)? When do they go in
to hibernation? Is this something that I would have to worry about?
Has anyone ever encountered a bear? Ever had your dogs with you?

You saw a little black bear, lol and the black bear in PA and the NE are
afraid of dogs (think wolf packs, a natural predator) and people. They
would fear a toy dog, so you have nothing to worry about. NOW, you wouldn't
want
to bet between a momma and her cub(s), but that's about it. Oh, bear can't
go down hill very well. If you ever have a reason to retreat, head downhill,
never up.

We saw them all the time when I had a vacation home in the Poconos. More of
a nuisance than anything; they are adept at getting into most any kind of
trash container and they will overturn a grill on a porch/deck if they smell
food. Crash!

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original