[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Subject: Re: List of Class B dealers who sell to labora...

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 23:11:57 EDT

In a message dated 5/2/2009 7:16:39 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
Univ. of  Penn had a project where  they would purposely breed Labrador
puppies, blind them, and then try to restore their sight.   Horrible,
right?

Except from that came a procedure used to save  children's eyesight.

One of the nicest people I know in dogs  worked on that project.  I'll  bet
some parents are darned glad  she did.

This reminded me of my youth.  A friend of my parents lived about  three
blocks away.  He was in a camp in Poland and they cut off his eye  lids to see
how long it would take a person to go blind.  I guess it was of  medical
value, but somehow I never felt the research was worth the  discovery.

Sorry to bring down the subject, but I don't feel results are always worth
the effort.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/