[ SHOWGSD-L ] SpringTrivia--non dog story

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:14:19 EDT

Last Christmas. I purchased a gorgeous very large Christmas wreath. I
always hang it on one side of the attached garage nearest the house Usually
that
and outdoor Christmas lights are taken down right after New Years. This year I
let the wreath stay up,since the cold weather and snow, that we had clear  up
to the end of March, kept it looking beautiful even the red velvet  ribbon
and Xmas colored balls. To make a long story short in  April, I went to finally
take it down,and found a little nest in the  lower part with 5 eggs. So
naturally I had to let it alone. Watched the babies  get hatched,and one by one
leave the nest,Last week my son declared everything  was clear,and he'd take it
down and throw the wreath out with rubbish  pick-up Well this AM he went to
take
it down( rubbish pick up day) and announced  that there were 5 more eggs in
the nest.. So now it stays up for these to hatch.  This is a wren's nest--Does
anyone know how many times this can happen?? I felt  foolish leaving it up
this long.Now  I'll just have to wait some more  .People will think. I'm nutty
having a wreath up in June <G> Helen  Miller Fisher