[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Hotel Standard

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:32:06 EDT

In a message dated 5/20/2007 10:08:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
beth0024@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Anyway  our standard is grass to walk dogs on a well lit area to do so.
Close to  the show site and to have restaurants, grocery stores and gas
stations near  by.  Plus the hotels listed on our clubs site are newer hotels
for  basically the same price.  So we simply suggested hotels we would  want
to stay at.  The only fiasco would be to sit by and let people  stay at
hotels that don't accommodate the needs of the  dogs.

No...I got it:)

The PC hired a firm to "recommend" hotels, they did and the locals noticed
the list the firm provided was awful.  The rates on what is left aren't
discounted, or the rooms have run out, more of the same that happens every
year.
The locals have their own list (helpful!), but not necessarily the  PC's list.
Next, season the whole ordeal with incomplete, contradictory or
mis-information.  Now, it may be 20 or it may be 45 minutes travel time  from
the host
hotel to the show site.  (Sounds reasonable, depending on  traffic and time of
day....20 minutes at 3 PM could turn into 40-45 minutes at 6  PM in a lot of
locations).  It'll all work out.  I think we're  starting early though, and
personally, since I won't fly dogs, I don't have a  dog in this particular
fight
<G>.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds