[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of Dye

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:12:25 -0800

Most of the young dogs get lighter for a while and the color darkens up and
gets richer in a year or two.
Bitches almost always seem to have some salt and pepper down their back to some
degree no matter
how dark they are.   Some have what we call a "horseshoe"  of salt and pepper
at their wither.
It is pretty uncommon for a male to have the salt and pepper......even on the
lighter males.
Don't know why......I just know what I know..........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com
  From: pmick12 <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>

  Date: Saturday, December 12, 2009, 11:05 AM

  The term "Jet black" comes from the jet gem stone, which is not really a gem
but rather a particular type (lignite) of coal....it can be polished to a very
high gloss. It was popular as jewelry, and while it comes in other colours,
most people think of the black colour first. I have a very old jet necklace, a
single strand of jet stones cut to reflect rather than absorb light. Now you
know something you didn't know before. Anyway, that's where the term "Jet
black" comes from.Peggy