[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Something to discuss/BITCHES

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:47:00 -0500

We got a bitch back some years ago and were trying to get her finished and then
special her for a while. She went on Cheque Drops and getting her pregnant
after that was something of a chore.

She was bred twice, missed both times. Third time she had a litter of three via
c-section. Next time she didn't conceive. Then had a litter of 5 normally.
Final litter was another litter of 5.

To this day, we blame the Cheque drops for the reproductive problems, and like
Candy's experience, alot of folks were surprised we even got puppies out of
her. She came from a litter of 10 and her dam and every bitch in her pedigree
did litters of 10 or more... I still think the drugs screwed her up. Never
again, will I do that.

If I think a bitch is good enough to special, then she is good enough to be
bred...

BTW: Someone asked how I know the other dog is sterile. He was used three times
before being specialled and missed. Someone wanted to use him a few months ago
and the owned agreed and then backed out a week or two later....

Jessica MacMillan
No Frills Dog Bathing Service & Design
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC, TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)
Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC