[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Smoke and Mirrors!

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 16:43:03 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2005 12:20:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
ask..candidates, current leadership.and puppets..you tell me...how am  I
supposed to look a new person in the eye and encourage them to spend  their
hard earned money joining this embarrassing GSDCA circus and the  sport in
general? Does anyone else out there find it ironic that some of  our breed's
most distinguishable traits are  its>>>>

Christine and Steve
That was a truly excellent post, and you are right, it would be very hard  to
encourage a newcomer to join our "wonderful club" given the viper-like
behaviour exhibited by so many over not wanting to lose position or potential
position on the hierarchy of a small dog club.
    These days a membership card to the GSDCA is not  worth the paper its
printed on.  I would be afraid to subject anyone I  really cared about to the
politics, backstabbing, mean mouthing, dangerous,  power hungry liasons that
some
members have formed.  It has become an  embarrassment, and has been for
awhile.  The only difference is over the  last several weeks we are beginning
really see some people for what and whom  they are, and it is very disturbing.
It is a club that has quit giving a damn about it's members by-and -large,
and has only its own self serving interests at heart.  Will a change in the
upper echelon effect a more positive direction for the membership, the
exhibitors?   Don't know, but I do know that so far, many of those  campaigning
should
be bloody ashamed of their tactics. I fail to see how this  useless waste of
energy, and whole hearted vicious behavior will help the club,  its members,
or garner any votes, for those guilty of perpetrating  it...or their cronies.
    But THANK YOU  to them, because now what you  have done with all this
ugliness and selfishness and slandering is given  the membership a club and
board
they can be truly proud  of      NOT.

Kathy