[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Show Entries

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: jomarigsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:25:38 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/2005 8:21:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
jomarigsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Here's a question for the list. This topic came up last night at our GSD
Awards banquet.  The MS shows a few weeks from now pulled strong majors (looks
like 4 pointers) at their 4 all breed shows yet the two specialties at night
only
pulled two points?  Whats up with that?  Looks like good judges for the
specialties, so I dont get why the entries are so low?  Specialty clubs are
really
hurting for entries and I hate to see them not supported better. Is this an
issue that people are too tired to show at the evening shows?
This topic was just discussed a few weeks ago, the all breed vs. the
specialty entries.  Makes you wonder if the specialty clubs wouldn't do better
to hire
all breed judges (ducking <g> !!).
*********************
When Dr Short decided to do this he talk to me since we have been so
successfully in Monroe.  The first thing I told him do not mix your judges.  I
told
him if you get specialty judges in the evening make sure you get the same for
he
daytime. If he was to get AB judges for the day time I told him to do the
same for the evening. So much for my advice. Not sure why he bothered to take
my
time at a show and ask me all kinds of questions when he did not follow
anything I suggested.

Bottom line is the evening judges are good judges but the handlers would have
to bring to two types of judges at these shows. I would say that whatever dog
the evening judges will like the day time judges will not. I know a couple of
handler that have already told me that they will not show in the evening show
since their dogs could not win under those judges Apparently there are more
handlers that feel that way since the entry in the evening is less than half of
what it is in the daytime.

I have to give it to Dr Short he is trying since he gives the GSDs a large
ring first thing in the morning. He combines two rings and after GSDs split
them
and two judges judge in those rings.

He just needs to get better about hiring compatible judges.

Lee Brown