[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Say what???

  • From: Lyn Chernak <cherlyngsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx" <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:45:18 -0800 (PST)

Jackie and others,
I don't think Jackie was actually ripping anyone particular with her comment,
but I do think she tried to bring this back to a past conversation concerning
what is judged and put up in the ring and for what reasons. If you don't
remember the thread check the archives, I will not reiterate that now. As for
form and function they go hand in hand with temperament and health. Without any
of these, the dog can not properly do its job, be it in any ring or field or in
a service.
As for MarHaven, I do not know Carolyn personally but I have been up close and
personal with one of her bred-by GVs.   Sel CH GV MarHaven's and the Beat Goes
On, RN, TC, ROM  OFA (H&E)  aka Bono.  As the Sr. Evaluator, when I temperament
tested him, I like the temperament that I saw. But as the trainer for his RN
which completed his AOE, I was there face to face and on the floor with this
dog (lol) and enjoyed every minute of it!  I enjoyed working him as if he was
one of my own. His intelligence and attitude were a pleasure to work with.

As a trainer, which you are too, we know that not all dogs have that special
attitude and drive to carry it off regardless of the ring. So I guess that
brings us back to the "Total Dog" and how to promote that.

Lyn Chernak
CherLyn Shepherds - Updated Nov 29,2011

http://www.cherlynshepherds.com
Three Generations ~ GSDCA 13 Club ~ Membership
   CherLyn's Dixie, BH, CDX, RAE, TC, HIC, CGC
  Ulric vom Kriegerhaus, CD, RA, TC, CGC