[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Say what???

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:47:54 -0800

Sorry.........it's just me I know.........but that's a wasted point for me as
I've never
bought into that.
A good trainer can go to the local shelter and find a mix breed and train
it to do all the requirements.   Who is the authority to pick and choose which
DQ does not matter??
We are not talking about not allowing a dog to compete and train for
titles....but
for one the HIGHEST awards at a NATIONAL that represents our Breed.  IMO.
I choose this Breed because of what the Standard requires it to be....it
pleases me.
MOST of what we 'look'  at does not have anything to do with the dogs ability
to work.........NOR the owners ability to train.    For it to BE a GSD we
assume it has
the ability to work.   That is what the Breed is!  IMO.   When we lose
that....we lose
the German  Shepherd Dog.
When some of it no longer matters........neither will the German Shepherd Dog!

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  On Tue, 31 Jan 2012 23:04:05 -0800, "Carolyn Martello"
  <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  >By your comment Evan I assume it would not matter to you if >a dog that
bites
  the judge,  has down ears, and a pink nose or >undershot jaw or cropped tail
could
  also qualify for this high >prize if it  "did the work".......?