[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad at Shows

  • From: PARAVELLI@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:46:24 EST

In a message dated 11/30/04 1:30:12 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I am new to the show dog world and I'm not taking anyones side I stay
neutral!! But, I went to my first show with my 7 mon. old bitch and was very
nervous
and had know idea of what to expect and when my puppy went into the ring NO
ONE clapped for her and even after she won still no one clapped !! But , you
know what , I was still very proud of her and so thrilled to have had her win
at
her first show I didn't even care that no one clapped. I was just greatful to
be there!!!!!!!
     misty blancovargas
Hang in there Misty, and enjoy your win and be excited!  When I first started
showing no one clapped for my dogs, while clapping for others.  I was hurt
and upset.  But I realized also that no one knew who I was, and I set about to
get to know people, joined my local club, got involved with it and got to know
most of the people that are out showing.  Many times the clapping is by
friends of the owner of the dog, supporting that person more than showing
approval
for the dog.  I have been to all breed shows where people have many friends
clapping for their dog, hoping it will influence the judge in pointing towards
winners, but that is not the way to win.  If you have a good dog she will win,
and she will finish.  If you are a good sport and make friends then you will
have people that clap for you, and while it is wonderful, the win and the hug
of
congratulations from your friends that you have made is so much more
important than the clapping as your dog goes around.  When my Lucy finished her
championship with a 5 point major I did not hear the crowd or pay attention to
the
clapping,  all I cared about was the judge pointing to my dog, and the hugs
from my friends who were happy for me, thats all that matters. So you keep on
showing, and be thrilled with each ribbon that you take home, as that is the
excitement that we all started with, and continue to be excited with. I only
have
3 champions, but the feeling never changes, and I know that feeling is the
same for all my friends that show, that is why we congratulate each other when
we
win.  Don't give up!!

Sheri Chambers
Paravel German Shepherds
CH Clayfield Murphy's Romance
CH Brentaryl's Red River
breeder of
CH Paravel's McKinley v Stuttgart
and all the other dogs I loved but never finished!