[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: RE: was problems stud dogs produce, now "business"

  • From: "Steve Grainger" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:40:32 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Grainger
To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Sent: 12/3/2004 12:37:45 PM
Subject: RE: was problems stud dogs produce, now "business"

Here is what happens ..you start stating facts based on your knowledge about
certain lines..and if they are not your lines..as well intended as it might be
it..then it gets back to the owners of the sire and dam of the bitch...then all
Hell breaks loose. Now I ask...do you think my opinion is really going to keep
someone from breeding a bitch even if I point out these areas of concern???
Probably won't be breeding to my dog..but  probably elsewhere, as usually most
get pissed when you state the truth as evidenced by many list discussions. that
is why we have been relegated to talking about the color and texture of puppy
poop..and Christmas recipes...anything meaningful is interpreted by most as
"insensitive" or "politically incorrect" After a few years of trying to "help"
I have found out the hard way it is better for nearly all to find out on their
own. .Giving advice is often interpreted as being a "know-it-all"..even if your
record speaks for itself. Advice on breeding is
 much like stepping in and telling someone how you think they should be raising
their kids...or telling someone their dog is unworthy of a championship and is
not show quality..the next weekend they take a 5pt major...so  then, what the
Hell did I know.?..that is why my position is some things are better left
unsaid and it is not my business to be telling someone about their bitch and
what problems are behind her. Christine