[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: SOD SOD SOD

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>, Show GSD <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:06:11 -0700

One of the problems and advantages of by-laws are that they need to be
clear enough to do business, yet "vague" enough that for every little
change that an organization needs, there isn't the need to create a
change in the by-laws.  Every by-law changes has to be 1) (in our
case) accepted by AKC 2)voted on by the organization.

Hence the overwhelming P&P :-)

Stormy Hope

On Sep 21, 2011, at 10:10 AM, Chris S. Kimerer wrote:

Well, I for one have!

With this past years events, that is one thing it did make me do, I
now make sure I read the minutes.  I did read the By-Laws, most of the
P&P (that is one overwhelming document), and parts of Roberts Rule of
Order.  By reading them, I found out that our By-Laws are rather vague
on some things and our P & P is  not up to date.  I have a friend that
knows Roberts Rule of Order very well and usually ask her where to
find things when I need them.

I do encourage everyone to become familiar with proper protocol
regarding Club Events & Board Meetings.   Another thing I realized
throughout all this is how much info there really is on the GSDCA
website, it is a great tool for our organization.

Be informed, that way one can make their own informed decisions,
instead of believing everything they hear or read.

Chris
Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
www.tanbarkgsd.com

Ch. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
Ch. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA