[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re; Support at Nationals & the GSD

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Evan Ginsburg'" <elg440@xxxxxxx>, <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>, "'The List'" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:28:05 -0700

Most of us are committed to what we love to do and what we CAN do.
We are heavily involved in one Sport seldom see the other venue....and I
know of no one who can
afford the expenses to do all venues nor has the physical time nor energy.
The limitations are not
in the dogs...but in our own lives...i.e., families, jobs, finances,
handlers, health, age, travel...etc.
Know your capabilities and do it well and you should not need criticism to
do it right.
We MUST know our own problems or faults, or they will defeat us without ANY
help from anyone else!

Our passion for our Breed and Breed Standard drives us... NOT the words of
someone from another
venue or even the same venue. For most of us, our year is usually planned
around a National whether
we have a competitive dog or not...it IS what we do. I love seeing a
great GSD....and I don't have to
own it to appreciate it. The National is where they gather....and good
judges attract them. <G>
The real authenticity is in the quality of the animal. The betterment of
the Breed is what drives
most of us.
Conformation is our priority, but I actually love herding even more than
conformation...and love
watching our beautiful powerful long striding Champions herd the sheep as
much as they love
doing it. Almost never are any of our friends in conformation there to
encourage us or our dogs.
It's just what we do....when we can.

The friendships and respect for each other over the years are the real BONUS
in showing dogs!

You should join us all at the National Sarah....get to know all of us AND
our dogs....we ALL agree
to love the GSD!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC Subject:Support at
Nationals

I like the sound of it, but in truth, I don't understand other areas of our
breed, and have no interest in them. I don't want herding people to feel
pressured to come watch conformation. I don't have any urge to convince the
agility people to go over to watch herding.

We are American and in this country we have freedom of choice. I support the
rights of others to do what they enjoy, and don't try to force on them my
choices.

Most of the time the obedience winners are brought into the conformation
ring to be applauded. But, never do they stick around to watch our BOB. I
don't criticize that, but believe each should decide what is important for
them.

Evan L.Ginsburg
Click here: 2014 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE
<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>
Click here: GSD Youth Recognition Fund
<http://www.dogshowjuniors.com/jindex.html>
Click here: Welcome to Asgard's German Shepherds
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>
In a message dated 9/13/2015 8:36:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes: <http://www.asgardgsd.com/>
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> We all need to support each other. Can people
make a commitment that if they show conformation than they will PHYSICALLY
GO AND CHEER ON and support the SV and performance dogs?
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> If they show SV they will GO AND CHEER ON the
conformation and performance dogs?
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> If they are performance than they GO AND CHEER
ON the SV and Conformation dogs?
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> That all three will encourage all German
shepherd lovers who don't show to attend our Nationals because we all value
EVERY ONE OF OUR dogs.

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> Make that commitment to yourself for the
betterment of the breed. This divisive attitude has got to stop.

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> We need to be able to openly criticize what we
see as weaknesses to be able to offer improvements. That is in ALL divisions
and bloodlines within our breed. Instead of taking offense, ponder if
problems really exist. Where there is smoke there is usually fire.
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> A new generation is demanding transparency. We
are demanding Authenticity. We are demanding Inclusion. We want to stand
behind a breed we believe in that TRULY REPRESENTS the best interest of the
breed.

<http://www.asgardgsd.com/> Sarah Minsk-Eduardo
Von Whitehall German Shepherds <http://www.vonwhitehallgermanshepherds.com/>
<http://www.asgardgsd.com/>