[ SHOWGSD-L ] Support at Nationals & the GSD

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:20:40 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Evan Ginsburg' <elg440@xxxxxxx>; gsdworkingline
<gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>; 'The List' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, Sep 13, 2015 8:28 pm
Subject: Re; Support at Nationals & the GSD

For most of us, our year is usually planned around a National whether

we have a competitive dog or not...it IS what we do.

The friendships and respect for each other over the years are the real BONUS in
showing dogs!

You should join us all at the National Sarah....get to know all of us AND our
dogs....we ALL agree

to love the GSD!

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.marhaven.com

As usual, Carolyn hits it on the head. The friendship, the information, the
fun of seeing old friends and making new ones, the love of our breed, and they
joy of our dogs, that is what this sport is about. The points are how we keep
score.

We do plan our year around the National. I had considered missing this year.
St. Louis does not work for us to take a dog, and I can't take the time off
from work to drive it. But, I heard from Bob (The Voice of The National)
Dresher. He has a new job and doesn't feel it would work to take the week off,
so he asked that I help with the announcing as I have done for years. Toni and
I will take the job and do the best we can, as we have done each year in the
past. I will Blog as much as possible since for some reason some people seem to
enjoy it.

I spend as much time as I can find to promote the Junior Recognition Fund, do a
magic show here and there, practice a little law when I can, and go to some dog
shows.

Our jobs, our families, our health, all have to come first. Then, as able we
fit in the dog world. I don't have the time to watch herding trials,
obedience, tracking, agility. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate it, or even
envy those who have time.

But, we all choose our priorities, and do the best we can fitting the AKC into
our worlds. We should not criticize those who can do more, or those who choose
to do less.

Evan L. Ginsburg (The Back-up Voice of The National).