[ SHOWGSD-L ] Support at Nationals

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:16:06 -0400

I like the sound of it, but in truth, I don't understand other areas of
our breed, and have no interest in them. I don't want herding people to feel
pressured to come watch conformation. I don't have any urge to convince the
agility people to go over to watch herding.

We are American and in this country we have freedom of choice. I support
the rights of others to do what they enjoy, and don't try to force on them
my choices.

Most of the time the obedience winners are brought into the conformation
ring to be applauded. But, never do they stick around to watch our BOB. I
don't criticize that, but believe each should decide what is important for
them.

Evan L.Ginsburg
_Click here: 2014 GSDCA NATIONAL - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE_
(http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/)
_Click here: GSD Youth Recognition Fund_
(http://www.dogshowjuniors.com/jindex.html)
Click here: Welcome to Asgard's German Shepherds

In a message dated 9/13/2015 8:36:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes:

We all need to support each other. Can people make a commitment that if
they show conformation than they will PHYSICALLY GO AND CHEER ON and support
the SV and performance dogs?

If they show SV they will GO AND CHEER ON the conformation and performance
dogs?

If they are performance than they GO AND CHEER ON the SV and Conformation
dogs?

That all three will encourage all German shepherd lovers who don't show to
attend our Nationals because we all value EVERY ONE OF OUR dogs.

Make that commitment to yourself for the betterment of the breed. This
divisive attitude has got to stop.

We need to be able to openly criticize what we see as weaknesses to be
able to offer improvements. That is in ALL divisions and bloodlines within our
breed. Instead of taking offense, ponder if problems really exist. Where
there is smoke there is _usually fire.

A new generation is demanding transparency. We are demanding Authenticity.
We are demanding Inclusion. We want to stand behind a breed we believe in
that TRULY REPRESENTS the best interest of the breed.

Sarah Minsk-Eduardo

_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/) _Von Whitehall German Shepherds_
(http://www.vonwhitehallgermanshepherds.com/) _
"Preserving the classic
German Shepherd Dog"_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Member of GSDCA and Signer of Breeders Code of Ethics

=