[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Raw feeding GSD

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 13:07:56 -0400

I took the plunge and started feeding raw.
I lucked out in being able to order from a company that supplies the grocery
stores around here, so it's all human grade meats but i have to maintain a
certain amount of an order...............a freezer for storage is a must.

I order turkey necks, chicken backs, chicken leg quarters and
gizzards...............but you can feed most anything. Beef and lamb is
extremely expensive and i can't afford to feed it to my dogs......A small
amount of liver is good to feed but it is so gross to deal with, a real
mess. I also do buy canned mackeral for a once in a while
treat.............i don't do all the veggies and stuff though.............so
far it has been great and i can breathe a sigh of relief that my dogs aren't
going to croak from all the toxins being found.
Now god forbid if our human meat supply gets tainted.........
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com