[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Raw Beef Marrow Bones

  • From: Iza Kabuska <izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:15:55 -0400

I have always found raw marrow bones at the supermarket.  Years & years ago
they would give them away, but they are no longer free.  Talk to the butcher
at your local supermarket.

 In a pinch, I have ordered a 40-lb. box of chicken backs from the local
supermarket also - but they of course charge WAAAY too much.  Find a meat
wholesaler in your area and ask him if he would sell you a box of chicken
backs.  I have done that.  They of course look at me like I'm crazy when I
tell them its for the dogs, but that's ok - just as long as they will sell
me a box ! :)

I have never heard that bones will splinter if they are first frozen.  When
they are cooked, yes, they will splinter, but I never heard that about
frozen.

Check out http://www.ipindex.com   to find a supplier in your area.  Also,
of course, is http://www.bravorawdiet.com   and http://www.omaspride.com

Iza Kabuska