[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rambling thoughts and thanks

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 13:22:04 -0400 (EDT)

I just finished going through 157 emails, many of them about Joker.

I wrote what I said, just the way you read it. I didn't edit it, and I
didn't mean to offend anyone.  It turned out that while I am overwhelmed by
the good wishes and want to mention how it affects me, started a fight over
conformation and performance.

Today is the first day in over 40 years without a house dog.  Ben,then
Joker, and soon to be Kirk.  I think.

Summer and her family are coming to visit, I think to cheer us up.  I  was
told by her dad that the kids are very upset over Joker.  Here we are,
adults, and we understand the loss of our dogs, the loss of our parents, our
friends, and some who we knew, but never knew well enough.  But, that takes
years to learn, and we should realize how we affect others.

I do want to thank everyone who took time to give us support, and
understand what this is like, and yes, it isn't easy. But, it is part of this
sport.  When we decided to involve ourselves in German shepherds, we knew
there
would be scars on our hearts. We knew days would come with darkness and
loss. We knew we had to be able to continue on.

This morning Kirk and Way To Go came bounding into the house.  They  first
checked my chair to see if I was there, then the house to make sure Joker
was not going to give them trouble. They moved from there to  unrestrained
joy, and a sense of freedom.

Life goes on. We head next week to three local shows, the first one a five
point major. We have three entries in each show.  I am looking forward to
it. Also, I am looking forward to the National, old friends, great dogs, new
 people and adventure.  That great young dog Teddy, (Flower Boy's dog),  is
going to come visit  next weekfor a while, so that too will be  special.

Champion Asgard's Ruby, (Red Squirrel),  just took a Best of  Breed at a
Regional Specialty. She is the litter mate to Champion Asgard's Icon,  and a
repeat on Champion Asgard's Kirk, Champion Asgard's Sartre, and sired by  the
father of Grand Champion Harley.  So, it continues.

We also do performance, we do have two AOEs  and another to  come soon.
The bond of those who do performance with their dogs is  amazing too, and one
is not exclusive of the other.

Today is another day. I will appreciate my friends, and those I don't know
who took a minute to share with me our loss.  I will get to play with my
dogs, and watch then run, jump, and live with unlimited joy and freedom.
While I find a missing dog in the home, there is plenty to still fill my
heart.

I have 16 posts on Rin Tin Tin.  We are in the middle of litigation  over
who has the rights to the name.  I am fortunate to be one of the  attorneys
who can help protect our club member who has dedicated her life to  that
legend.

Sunday, another day.  Another chance to enjoy this day, and the  longest I
have  ever lived, so far.  That may be enough.

And, don't forget to help the Juniors. I am sending a check just for  Joker.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together