[ SHOWGSD-L ] Rainbow Bridge (non GSD)

  • From: "Linda Delarso" <jolingsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GermanShepherd4showlist" <Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Georgianna H." <vonhornberger@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <lynferr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:04:44 -0400

Yesterday was a very difficult day, as I had to send our 'Peebles' over
'The Bridge'.
Peebles was our only 'off breed'  ;0)  She was a Springer Spaniel.

Our dear Peebles was 15 years old and FULL of life until Sat morning.
The dreaded C word took over her little body.

Peebles was rescued and came to us at 7 mos old. She had had 5 yes 5
homes . Everyone returned her to her original owners who where going to
put her to sleep- because she took their  little girls toys!!!!! When I
took her in I figured I can't keep her, but she would have a safe
temporary home til I found her the RIGHT permanent home. Well I soon
found out why she had 5 homes. LOL she had a problem with her Halo
,seemed her lil horns kept getting in the way. :0) I knew then that if I
couldn't put up with her NO ONE would!

The stories over the years about Peebles are endless, and never will be
forgotten. She was a REAL character.

I know she had a wonderful life here believing she too was a GSD.

Be at peace Peebles, Your Halo is just right now baby!

If It Should Be

If it should be that I grow weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let your grief then stay your hand,
For this day more that all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears,
You'd not want me to suffer so,
The time has come to let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me until the end,
I know in time that you will see,
The kindness that you have done for me,
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Please do not grieve, it must be you,
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years,
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

author unknown

Linda DeLarso

Narvon, Pa.

Jolin Shepherds