[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rabies Rage

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 05:28:46 -0800 (PST)

I plan for my vet to declare my 9 year old dead for the next rabies.  I don't
want him to get it now.  And my vet agrees with me on this, so Dexter will be
dead to the county, but hopefully will have some more time with us.  He is not
doing great now, so who knows.  We do love him, my last pet. sheila
Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx wrote:

My vet's office told me they often give rabies shots at 12 weeks now. My
Kennel
license requires me to turn in a copy of the certificates when my inspection
is done
each year, and any renewel's within a couple of weeks of the prior
expiration date.

The last few litters of pups, I've told the AC I wouldn't do the Rabies
vaccination
until at least a month after the last puppy shots (which I give around 16
weeks).
So far, they've accepted my turning in the Rabies certificate when the pups
are
about 5 months old. I have explained to them the risks of too many
vaccinations
too close together.

Unfortunately, they won't waive the requirement for seniors - I have a 9 1/2
year old
girl that has to have her booster tomorrow :o(

Janice

In a message dated 12/29/2006 11:45:34 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
I thought they were not supposed to get their rabies vaccine until AFTER 16
weeks???
Do Vets actually vary on this?
We have to have rabies in California from 4 months to 6 months.
We wait until they are 6 months ........

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we were smarter, they wouldn't need to."

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com