[ SHOWGSD-L ] Purina Event Center press release

  • From: "Foxfels" <foxfels@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:01:19 -0500

Feel free to crosspost.
Jenn

~~

For Immediate Release
Contact:   Barbara Fawver
Purina PetCare Company
(314) 982-2256

Show Time in the Show-Me State

Purina Announces Plans to Build New Canine Event Center

St. Louis, Missouri, November 24, 2008 . . . Rolling out the red carpet for
canines, Purina plans to build a new multimillion-dollar, state-of-the-art,
84,000-square-foot, indoor Event Center that will accommodate thousands of
dogs and their owners and handlers at conformation dog shows, obedience and
agility trials.

Loaded with lots of extras that turn an ordinary dog show into an
extraordinary event, the Purina Event Center is expected to open in the fall
of 2010 at Purina Farms in Gray Summit, Mo. It will feature custom padded
flooring, spacious benching and dog bathing areas, meeting rooms, RV
parking, vendor and exhibit space, food service and banquet catering. The
center will complement existing venues at Purina Farms for outdoor dog
shows, lure coursing, agility, obedience, herding, and earthdog trials.
Located about one hour from downtown St. Louis and the Lambert-St. Louis
International Airport, Purina Farms has hosted outdoor dog shows and
sporting events for 15 years.

“Purina is thrilled to build the top-caliber indoor facility that the dog
fancy has been asking for and deserves,” said Terence Block, President of
Purina Pet Food North America. “We’re confident the central location and
amenities will provide the elements that make a dog show special and
participants glad they came. Our goal is to help clubs have the best dog
show ever.”

David Frei, Director of Communications for the Westminster Kennel Club and
co-host of the NBC-televised “The National Dog Show Presented by Purina,”
applauded the announcement. ”Purina has always been supportive of the dog
show world, and the new Purina Event Center is yet another example of that
dedication,” Frei said. “All of us who are active in the sport of dogs thank
Purina for continued commitment to the sport, and we look forward to being a
part of the future at the Purina Event Center.”

Reservations are now being accepted for dog shows and events starting in the
fall of 2010, according to Brock Fitzgerald, Director of Purina Farms and
the new Purina Event Center. “We look forward to working with clubs and
offering them the Purina Event Center for their events,” Fitzgerald said.
“We promise to deliver ‘Best in Show’ amenities and to do everything
possible to ensure their events go smoothly.”

To learn more about the Purina Event Center’s amenities and Purina support,
please visit www.purinafarms.com or contact Fitzgerald at 1-888-688-PETS
(1-888-688-7387), or e-mail him at brock.fitzgerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nestlé Purina PetCare promotes responsible pet care, community involvement
and the positive bond between people and pets. A premier global manufacturer
of pet products, Nestlé Purina is part of Swiss-based Nestlé-S.A., the
world’s largest food company.

~~
Ron Peet & Jenn Somogyi
Foxhunter and Kiefernfels Kennels