[ SHOWGSD-L ] Puppy teeth/jaw question

  • From: Gail BAUMAN <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ShowGSDs <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 07:34:13 -0600

Acquired a pup at about 8 weeks old, no problems - pup is now 5 1/2 months old
and has undershot lower jaw (upper teeth are about 1/4 inch over the bottom
teeth).  At this age what are the chances this will correct?  The lower right
canine is cutting into the gum around the upper canine slightly at this piont -
if it does NOT correct, what is the general outcome for this type of situation?
 Normal life, or teeth filed, or teeth removed?  I have not dealt with this
situation before - seeking some guidance - the pup will be placed but only if I
can give the new owners some idea of what they are looking at with regards to
pup's mouth.  Thanks for any information.Gail Bauman Liebchen German Shepherds
www.geocities.com/liebchenkennels