[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy people s*ck

  • From: JANGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx, GretchAnya@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 07:35:40 EST

Yes, vets can be a problem.  Many, many years ago I sold a puppy to one of
the people that had purchased a dog from me in the past.  Unfortunately their
dog had just been killed.  Very, very sad story.  The dog had seen their son
and
his friends playing in the street and there was a car coming.  Their dog ran
out into the street and pushed the son out of the way of the car, but he was
hit and killed.  The same weekend this happened her neighbor (who also had
purchased a puppy from me) urged her to get another puppy right away.  I had
one 4
month old puppy.  So she came out and got the puppy.  This was on a Sunday.
On Monday I got a call from the lady and said she had taken the puppy to the
vet and he declared the puppy dsylpastic (no xray) and she wanted to bring the
puppy back.  I told her that I was sure the puppy was fine and if she wanted to
xray him, I would pay for the xray.  Then she admitted that it was just too
soon to take on a new baby and I told her to bring the puppy back and I was
going to "my" vet that afternoon and I would let her know about the puppies
hips.
 Well, Dr. Shaw xrayed the puppy and he had perfect hips.  I had him write me
a statement to that effect.  I let the lady know and then I started to call
her vet.  He refused to return my calls.  Well, after 6 weeks on no calls, I
wrote the State Licensing Board and he belonged to AHHA and sent him a copy of
the letter.   That woke him up.  Guess he didn't like the part about having
xray vision!!!  Don't' think he ever declared a puppy dysplastic again without
x-raying!!

Last year we acquired Giardia.  One of my puppies was sold to a friend in
Texas.  At the time I sold the puppy I did not know we had Giardia.  When we
figured it out I told the gentleman in Texas about it.  His vet had declared
the
puppy to have mal absorption syndrome (common to shepherds according to the
vet) and his puppy was going to die.  I kept telling him it was Giardia.  So
the
gentleman changed vets.  Then this vet was supposed to call me for information
on the other puppies. He never did and so the gentleman changed vets again.
Again more test, more $$$, put the pup on a special diet.  I battled as nicely
as I could with this gentleman and finally he got tired of spending money (he
spent thousands!!!!) and listened to me and put the puppy on the regular
diet, gave him the medicines I told him to and the supplements and gee,
surprise,
the puppy is fine!!!!  He is not over a year and doing great!!!!   So vets can
be a big problem!!!!  And battling them is another problem.  The are the
"experts" and the puppy buyers always think they are right no matter what you
tell
them!!!

Janet
_http://www.janmargsd.com/_ (http://www.janmargsd.com/)
_http://www.petsnaturalchoyce.com/_ (http://www.petsnaturalchoyce.com/)
"An Online catalog featuring all-natural herbal and homeopathic remedies for
pets and the people who love them."