[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Vaccinations

  • From: "Susan Madlung" <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <c.fuller2@xxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 07:40:36 -0700

Just as an aside.. did you know that there actually isn't a "3 year rabies
vaccine".. it is all the same vaccine, but if a shot is given at 1 year,
then again 1 year later, the strength of the antibodies is such that they
will remain effective for the next 3 (or more) years...
We live in the country, in an area that is pretty clear of rabies, so the
only rabies shots I have ever given were the ones required to go to the US.
I vaccinate the puppies as laid out here, and that is it..(minus the
rabies) - knocking on wood - I have never had an instance of parvo, lepto,
parainfluenza etc nor have I had any reported to me by puppy buyers.. and I
always give them the same recommendations for vaccinations..maybe I am just
lucky..
Sue Madlung
Shadowacre Reg'd German Shepherds & Standard Wire haired Dachshunds
http://www.shadowacre.com
Dachsie puppies are here!! April 6/09 - 4 boys, 2 girls!