[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Puppy Pasterns

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:25:35 -0400

I must have missed something. Who is the "we" that bred dogs down in
pasterns for the "sole pursuit of a blue ribbon"?

When you have bred a few dozen litters Sara and never had an issue in a
young dog come back and tell us about it.

Downed pasterns are NOT breed specific. It happens in growing puppies,
sometimes it is nutritional, sometimes it is growth spurt related, sometimes it
corrects and once in a while it doesn't.

You have a lot to learn but as you go through the process stop jumping to
wrong-headed conclusions.

Kathy Salvucci, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit _http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 9/10/2015 7:55:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Why is that ok with everyone? Am I the only one horrified that we have
bred dogs who will always walk on their pasterns for the sole pursuit of a
blue ribbon? I mean...what the hell. That's messed up. Argh.

Sarah Minsk-Eduardo

_ (http://www.pinehillgsds.com/) _Von Whitehall German Shepherds_
(http://www.vonwhitehallgermanshepherds.com/) _
"Preserving the classic