[ SHOWGSD-L ] Playing dead????

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:50:16 -0500

Late this afternoon, a man went up in to the woods on the property that
borders mine.  I heard the dogs barking so I went out to investigate and
I saw him in his red jacket and carrying a black bag and rifle with
him.  He's been up there before in this last couple of weeks.  Within a
few minutes of him disappearing from view, I heard a rifle shot followed
by another one.  Then after waiting maybe a half a minute, another shot
was fired.  So I knew he must have hit his target much to my
disappointment.  Then just before it got dark, the dogs began to bark
again and I went out on the deck to see the man in the red jacket coming
down off of the mountain.  He had his black bag over his shoulder and he
was pulling a deer on the ground behind him.  He'd stop every several
feet when the load was hard for him to pull.  I along with my dogs are
watching him.  All of a sudden he stops pulling the poor unfortunate
animal and then the next thing that happened went so fast, I still don't
know what I was seeing.  I see a large animal shoot off in to the words,
charging and running as fast as lightning scared out of it's wits.  It
ran back up the mountain jumping over rocks, and fallen trees to get
away from this man.  Then the man continues to walk on the path and I
noticed he was no longer pulling the fallen deer.  Now I wasen't up
close and personal to the man, but I could definitely see he was no
longer pulling anything.  Could it be that the deer wasen't dead, but
just stunned and in shock?  I don't know, but I never seen anything like
it.  I'm hoping that somewhere, some place that there is a very happy
deer and a "Pis--d off man?"  My only concern is that the animal might
end up dying anyway because of the gun shots.  Anyone ever hear of
anything like this where an animal wasen't dead, but stunned?  Best,
Barbara

--
Barbara J. Galasso
CHIEFTAINS GERMAN SHEPHERDS