[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Playing dead????

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:03:48 -0500

    Karen, You're assuming that everyone who goes out and shoots a deer
has a brain..unfortunately, that isn't so.  It could be that the man was
dragging the deer to somewhere where he would be more comfortable
dressing out his deer...that's assuming he knew how to do it at
all...maybe he had to find his friends so they could do it...on the
other hand, there are many stories of idiots who tied a deer or other
animal to their bumpers and drove all the way home, showing off like the
idiots they were, without doing anything to it...thereby spoiling the
meat...not that most of them would have known how to prepare it so it
would be edible.
    And in answer to Barbara's original question, yes, a deer can be
shot and stunned and not dead...and get up and run off, only to die
later in the back field of some poor farmer who would then be
responsible for disposing of a useless carcass, or deep in the woods
where it would be eaten by various other little creatures and bugs...and
maybe even free-running or feral dogs..........    I will remember for
many more years the time one of my Corgi boys came running from the back
pasture dragging a whole deer leg behind him..............a deer that
had been shot but didn't die until it got to our back
pasture.............by the time our dog brought the deer leg home, there
wasn't much left to the deer, and we were stuck with the job of
disposing of what was left..........after dogs and coyotes had been at
it.........   yuck.  I also remember my ex standing at the end of the
driveway, yelling at a bunch of "hunters" who were tying their second
deer to their car "you have to CLEAN it first, you have to CLEAN it
first...." but they drove off with two complete deer on their bumpers.
Bet they were proud of themselves...and I wonder where they disposed of
the deer when they got back to the city.........
Peggy