[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Peter gree--Westminster

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus" <bedkar@xxxxx>, <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx" <vprezhmf@xxxxxxx>, "GSD list" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:32:50 -0500

Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus writes:  I don't find this situation any
different than showing in the breed and then going to Group under
a judge that you know will not look at your dog.
We always go and try.....1.) as a courtesy to the breed judge and 2.) because
sometimes
you get a surprise.
Campaigning a dog for rankings is not a polite game nor for the faint of heart.
It's "Dog eat Dog"...pun intended!

Personally, I do find the situation at Westminster quite *different* from
realizing your dog may not have a *chance* of doing well in the Group as
opposed to *knowing* your dog will be *excused* from the Group.  To me, it
doesn't have anything to do with being "faint of heart" or not either.
Rather, it has something with good sportsmanship.

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam

I don't find this situation any different than showing in the breed and then
going to Group under
a judge that you know will not look at your dog.
We always go and try.....1.) as a courtesy to the breed judge and 2.) because
sometimes
you get a surprise.
Campaigning a dog for rankings is not a polite game nor for the faint of heart.
It's "Dog eat Dog"...pun intended!

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com