[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Peter gree--Westminster

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:40:40 EST

I'm cool with it.  If a dog isn't top in their breed, then they don't
deserve to be in the Group @ Westminister.  I thought the whole thing was
handled
w/ a lot of class.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 2/18/2009 6:14:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  for posting this, Helen.  While I admire Peter Green doing what he
felt  he must do, I do question the sportsmanship of the owners whose dogs were

dismissed...

<<  For some, it isn't worth the risk of  getting  excused but for others, if
a dog makes that great Breed Win  at the Garden or  some other prestigious
show, it's worth it even if  it can not be judged by the  Group judge.  >>

I do have  a problem with the above because I'm thinking of the other dogs
competing in  the Breed.  I just don't think I could enter a dog in hopes of
taking  Breed at the Garden, or any other show for that matter, *knowing* that
my
dog  could not be judged by the Group judge.  To me, that BOB win just isn't
worth keeping another dog from possibly doing well in the Group.  I would
feel as if I cheated someone.

Perhaps this is just my "Pollyanna"  persona surfacing, but how do you guys
feel about this?  Am I just being  naive here?

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Wellborn-Allemande  German Shepherds
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam