[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Pet puppy buyers

  • From: "Shepherd Hill Kennels" <shephken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsdl" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:56:06 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

it has already been chosen.  Sometimes I will have someone say they will
wait for the next litter.  But I always show the entire litter so they ca=
see how the puppies socialize with each other.=0D
 =0D
Anita & the Furkids=0D
Tarsha - waiting at the Rainbow Bridge - gone but never forgotten=0D
www.shepherdhillkennels.com.au=0D
 =0D
 =0D
My policy, for the infrequent times I even have a litter is to take a 50%=
=0D
deposit for the sex of the puppy the people are requesting.  This starts=20
before=0D
the litter is whelped, so if it turns out I can't accommodate their=0D
preference for a boy or a girl, naturally I refund the deposit.  People a=
re=20
allowed=0D
to come and visit and "pick" from the "available" puppies at six weeks  i=
n=20
the=0D
order I received their deposit.  I say all of this up front,  make sure t=
hey=0D
understand that I'm looking to keep something/grow it out etc.,  and if t=
hat
s=0D
not acceptable, so be it, I'm happy to give them other phone #s if  I kno=
w=0D
anyone else who is expecting puppies.=0D
 =0D
Finally, I told the man referenced above (and this is after a half dozen=0D
progressively nastier e-mails) the only way he could "pick" was to buy a
bitch=0D
from someone, breed her, whelp the puppies, go through all that that enta=
ils=0D
and  THEN "pick" his puppy!  On the bright side, three puppies from the l=
ast=0D
litter went to companion homes.  Two of those asked me to pick what puppy=
 I=0D
thought would make the best new puppy for them so it all worked like a ch=
arm=0D
<G>. As far as seeing the litter mates once they have chosen their  puppi=
es,
it=0D
depends on what else is going on .  It's a wonderful way to  socialize, b=
ut=0D
there have been times when children who have been on their best  behavior
have=0D
been at their melting point <VBG>, so in that case I bring  out a big dog
for=0D
them to rough house with and forgo the socialization for the  puppies.=0D
 =0D
You know, Emily, it's just as well the people you mention didn't take a=0D
puppy.  If things are that uncomfortable at the start, it's usually not a=
=20
good=0D
sign for what's to come:)=0D
 =0D
Kathy=0D
visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_=0D
(http://www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds/)=0D
 =0D
 =0D
=3D=0D
POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the origi=
nal
kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author  AND o=
the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.=0D
 =0D
PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSL=
FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL =
BE
PROSECUTED.=0D
 =0D
For assistance, please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx=0D