[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Paws/ Monetary motive???

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, RihadinK9@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:23:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2005 11:12:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, Stormy435
writes:
Is this a good place for the  "Trapper's" piece to be?  They came for
the......., and nobody cared, as  it wasn't my type of animal?  Paraprasing
like
crazy here, but I can't  remember the words that well, just the message.

Stormy

In a  message dated 7/23/05 7:33:18 AM, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

As far as cat breeders, let them follow the same regs
as dog  breeders; or not, as the case may be.

Stormy, I don't know enough (or perhaps care enough) about cat breeding to
have an informed opinion how many cats it tales to be classified as a
"commercial" breeder.

Just from a common sense standpoint, at some number, and again, I don't  know
what the number is or should be, so I'm not going to throw a number out
there, but at SOME NUMBER, breeding cats is no longer a hobby, it's a BUSINESS
and like any other business, should be licensed/regulated to protect the
welfare
 of the animals and those who would purchase them.

In a perfect world, you wouldn't have to worry about licenses and
regulations, but we don't live in a perfect world.  The mechanic I take my  car
to is
licensed.  My attorney, accountant, physician and  electrician is licensed.
The
restaurants where I choose to eat are  licensed and inspected. I'm not going
to loose any sleep if a cat breeder  who has crossed whatever line in the sand
is used to determine if they are a  hobby or commercial breeder is inspected
and regulated.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_