[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Paws/ Monetary motive???

  • From: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 09:37:51 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2005 9:32:32 AM Eastern Standard Time, Pinehillgsds
writes:
....you write "as long as they are cared for", and we all know, as Sally
just reminded us, sadly they aren't.  (Had PAWS or something similar been  in
effect, there would have been a whole lot more that could have been done to
the
piece of slime in IL.)

That is one sad case, and in the minority I might add.  It also  had more to
do with mental illness than anything else.  PAWS would NOT have  prevented it.
 The answer is, on a STATE level to pass legislation that  increases the
MANDITORY penalties for such abuse.  No legislation will ever  PREVENT such
occurances, unfortunately.

As far as cat breeders, let them follow the same regs as dog breeders;  or
not, as the case may be.

Cats are NOT dogs... and breeding of cats is a totally different  endeavor
than that of dogs.  I have to go to work so I don't have time to  go into it
right now.  If you really care to know, check out CFA's  website.

Ginger  Cleary, GA
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order  to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one." Benjamin  Franklin.
_http://www.rihadin.com_ (http://www.rihadin.com/)