[ SHOWGSD-L ] Palm Springs

  • From: "Marie Hicks" <hightor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 23:48:22 -0800

My neighbors (two sisters who show and  breed Old English Sheep Dogs) spent 6
hours getting back from Palm Springs.  Very trying trip and no danger until
they got less than a half mile from home.  They tried to get through the back
way .  The water was over the road and they misjudged its depth.  Just about
made it when the car died.  Thank goodness a big truck which had preceded them
through the water had stopped and watched them get stuck.  This good Samaritan
towed them out and home.  All Marilyn had to say was "Damn and we didn't get a
single point all weekend".   Bill is not going to even try to get to work
tomorrow...we hear they are predicting heavy rains from midnight to four A.M.
The dogs are dry since they are roofed but it is damp and cold and they stay in
their igloos all cozy and warm. It sure makes you wonder why the world is
getting hit by all these bad things...Maybe God is sending a message.

Marie K. Hicks
Hightor German Shepherds
Acton, Calif.
hightor1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx