[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PURINA NATIONAL SPECIALTY SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT

  • From: norberge@xxxxxxx
  • To: LauraEG@xxxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx, linnloch@xxxxxxxxxxx, cbattaglia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pagairs@xxxxxxx, ginialtman@xxxxxxx, vpgsdca@xxxxxxx, abraxaskp@xxxxxxxxxxx, helengleasonus@xxxxxxxxx, RLFrederick@xxxxxxx, nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, crosstimbr@xxxxxxx, bsdnut@xxxxxxx, GSDChablis@xxxxxxx, ttmesdag@xxxxxxx, wjbj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dwylie237@xxxxxxxxxxx, rob-n-dine@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 01:23:26 -0400

I have not read the 2010 contract, but to me it appears that Purina is donating
the funds and we can use them the way we choose.
From the contract:
â??exhibitor support in the amount of $15,250 to the Club.  The intention of
the cash stipend is to help the club to support the exhibitors experience
through enhanced hospitality and show services.â??

I support the fact that we the board, representing our membership continue to
support the Futurity trophies for our Regional Clubs who commit the energy,
time and expense of running our regional futurities. Many regional clubs would
opt out of bidding for a futurity if the trophy cost was not covered.  They
just do not have it today.  It also gives Purina more bang for the buck as
their advertisement is at our national specialty and all of our regional
Futurity weekends across this country.  We want to continue receiving these
funds and if we show that we use the funds to support and recognize many events
within our breed and club, their generous support may continue.

The clubs putting on the 2011 and just bide for the 2012 futurity commitment
did so expecting support for the trophies.  If we have any thought of
rebuilding our membership's trust in this board and future boards, I believe we
need to hold to this commitment whether we take it from the Purina funds or the
general treasury.

I speak for myself, but you know where I stand.  In this economic environment
when many cannot financially support their local clubs but are giving of their
time because of the love of our dog and still believe in our clubs, we cannot
pull this support.  It is in times like this that few of have seen in a
lifetime that we must stand and support our membership.  Let us not forget, it
is the reason they elected us. This is how we make a difference.

Pamela

Pamela J O'Dell
Norberge Shepherds
206-778-3170