[ SHOWGSD-L ] PURINA NATIONAL SPECIALTY SPONSORSHIP AGREEMENT

  • From: "ADMINISTRATION" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 00:39:56 -0400

PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO FORWARD THIS EMAIL BY ITS AUTHOR AND THE
ADMINISTRATION OF SHOWGSD- L  PROVIDED THE COPYRIGHT FOOTER IS REMOVED

To  All:
I apologize  for the delay in responding but I arrived home from California
at 9 PM last  night and today has been the usual busy arrival home day
consisting of picking  up the dogs, getting to the supermarket and trying to
catch up on email, mail,  and phone calls.  It seems there has  been a lot of
misinformation being spread around on various lists while I was in
California.  Here are the facts of  our arrangement with Purina.
The GSDCA has  several agreements with Purina.  The  one in question right
now is the National Specialty Sponsorship Agreement.  It is an AGREEMENT
which outlines what Purina  agrees to do for the GSDCA, Inc. and what is
expected from the GSDCA, Inc. in  return.  Purina provides cash,  prizes,
custom
bags, etc., and the GSDCA provides booth space, uses Purina arm  bands, gives
advertising in the brochure and catalog, etc. for our National.  The
agreement is sent annually to  the President who normally signs this agreement
stating that the Club will agree  to do the items required in order to receive
the donation from Purina.  It specifies the date and location of  the
National for that year.

The 2006  Purina National Specialty Sponsorship Agreement stated that the
Club will receive "Exhibitor support in the amount of $15,000 to the Club.
(The intention of the cash stipend is to  help the Club support the regional
futurity trophies, welcome dinner, and  exhibitors' experience through
enhanced hospitality and show services.)."  The 2010 Purina Specialty
Sponsorship  Agreement which I received (2008 and 2009 were received by the
previous
President Gail Hardcastle) stated the following: "?exhibitor support in the
amount of $15,250 to the Club.  The  intention of the cash stipend is to
help the club to support the exhibitors  experience through enhanced
hospitality and show services."  There was no mention of anything  regarding
Futurity
Trophies.  Since  I did not have a copy of the 2006 agreement at the time I
received the 2010  Agreement, it was a concern as to the financing of the
Futurity Trophies.  In 2009 the $15,250 received from the  Purina National
Specialty Sponsorship Agreement was used to pay for the Regional  Futurity
trophies and the streaming video. We have already paid for the trophies  in
2010
and, prior to leaving for California, I contacted the sales  representative
for our area to see if Purina might increase its donation in  2011.  I also
informed Purina of our  upcoming events in 2013.  I have not  yet received
a reply concerning 2011.

Neither I nor  anyone else has changed any of the wording in the Purina
Agreement.  This Agreement is written by  Purina.  Purina states what will be
donated to the GSDCA, Inc. and what it can be used for as well as
stipulating  what is expected from the Club in return for that donation.
Concerning  Carol Moore's statement about "Hopefully still your futurity
chairman" of  course Carol is still the futurity chairman.  Naturally I
would have preferred had she  called me to discuss her concerns rather than
posting them to a list.  Carol has lots of enthusiasm and good  ideas and has
been working hard since she took over.  I hope she will continue in the
position  for a long time to come.

Tish