[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 'Other Breed' Specialty closed due to maxed out entries

  • From: "Joan Fox" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Showgsd-l GSDList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 17:56:20 +0000 (UTC)

One of the biggest reasons for lower entries are the handlers fees.A/B handlers
that show many breeds are allot cheaper than our GS Specialty handlers and the
expenses are allot less.It would be nice if people used the "new" handlers more
but few are willing to take the chance as so many judges look at the "faces" in
the ring.
Honestly, as the handlers that we all recognize are becoming fewer and fewer
and they do not move like years ago this will have to change.  LOLJoan
 Joan F. Fox17500 Haskins Rd.Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023tel:
440-759-4119http://www.campaignersgsds.com

     On Friday, January 16, 2015 9:30 PM, Hickoryhill
<hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carolyn I think much of what you cite is true for many. However it has been
argued on many occasions on this List that the 'economy" is major factor in the
dwindling of the GSD entry. The economy pertains to all, not just to the GSD
exhibitor and it doesn't seem to be affecting the entries of many other breeds
. CG

 Some  are
 Breed because of the way they show??
   It really never matters to me how
 many Labs or other Breeds fill their rings.
 I would never give up GSD's
 just so I could handle in the show ring.
 This IS the Breed!!  <G>I think we cannot ever judge our
 Breed by another Breed.  I am sure
 they have theirshare of popular judges, popular
 show venues, time of year....nice indoor ring, or nice
 outdoor ring...whichever they
 prefer that attracts them...or 'cyles of Breed
 popularity'.Same syndromes we have with  our Breed.   Does
 it really matter that they outnumberus?  Do we
 really want a GSD that moves like a Golden?YEP...we definitely have some
 issues with how our Breed is shown.
 At times it makes it really really tough to
 compete.   That our GSD shows and
 Clubs are failing IS a major concern.     But personally
 I love to watch a great German Shepherd Dog
 gaiteasily around a BIG ring with an
 attitude of loving it, and the desire to go again.  YEP...it is difficult for
some of
 us to show them that way....and YEP...someone my age
 can no longer keep up.   Actually most of us breed dogs we
 CANNOT keep up with anyway.
 <G>   I'm grateful for handlers to take them
 and keep up with them.We can't change the breed or
 show venue because WE age!
 <G>     It's gratifying to us to see
 our dog perform at its best and happy in the ring showing
 off side gait and quality the way
 we've trained them with a handler that allows them to
 show that way.
 I don't care to watch a long striding GSD in a
 small ring....especially indoors.
 Just is not what I want to do or watch.   That's just me....Some choose to
send their dogs
 away....some prefer All Breeds....I can't do
 either....but I cannot criticize that
 either.   Their choice......your
 choice...... my choice.
   Carolyn
 marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   On Behalf Of Ruth
 Scheubler   To:
 suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx; DaList
 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Specialty
 closed due to maxed out entries  The entries for Labs are
 large here also and so many of the dogs are owner handled.
 The style of showing our breed has evolved into something
 that most owners can't take part in. It is not as much
 fun sending your dog off to a pro to condition and show
 while you have no part in it other than signing checks. Most
 people get involved in dog events because they want
 something they can do with their dog and we are rapidly
 leaving them all to find other breeds. Been to a Siberian
 Specialty lately? Almost all of the dogs are shown in Bred
 By and their breeders are generally amateur
 handlers.
  Ruth  On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 7:09
 PM, Suzanne Jambe <suzannejambe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:"The Papago Labrador
 Retriever Club Of Greater Phoenix specialty on Saturday,
 February 7 has reached its numerical limit and will not be
 accepting any new entries."From the Entries on Time
 Facebook page.  And our much-loved Specialty shows like the
 Triangle are in
 jeopardy....hmmm,....
 Sent from my
 iPad

is Copyrighted 2015.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html